Sunday, May 6, 2012

CRAZY BUSY DAYS!

Busy Busy Busy! 
I like to post about once a week on this blog.  However, it's been a while and because of all that is up these days it will probably be a little while longer before I post again.  Here are a few of the things that I've been up to for the last few weeks:

April 16:  my 2nd graders performed a little choral "informance" for their parents - BEST performance to date at this school....
April 22-27: our round of state testing - Ya'll know that's always a difficult week
April 27-28: last session of Education Through Music - VERY refreshing and so much fun!
May 1: 4th and 5th grade choir and guitar ensemble concert - BEST singing yet - no air conditioning!
May 2: school district elementary choir festival - BEST behavior! I was so proud of my students! - GREAT experience!

In the very near future here is what I will be up to:

May 11: Songs of Hope Concert - Concert of original music that I've written - I've been working REALLY hard on this - I'll be glad when it finally arrives!
May 16: 4th grade "informance" for boom-whackers and recorders - making progress ever day!
May 28-May 29th: 5th grade and Kindergarten "Graduation" - coming along nicely

Sprinkled in all over the place I have rehearsals for an upcoming mission trip to Brazil and of course, the end of school.... grades, packing, organizing and planning for next year....

Distractions:
Today the plan was to do laundry and get the 5th grade graduation song recorded.....after church I decided that I was over due for a hair cut..........My hair dresser had just made her first cut when she asked me "Did you know that you have lice?"...... um no..... I wouldn't be getting my hair cut if I knew I had lice!

The thing is that I've been itchy for a while so a few weeks ago I  went in to our school nurse to receive my fairly regular, "lice check"..... When she told me that I didn't have lice, I was relieved! I've never had lice before, but as I work with the entire school I'm always careful...... I continued to itch, so I went to my doctor who also told me that I did not have lice.... I spent $80.00 on a prescription moose and got some relief.........The medication did help, so I thought it was a matter of time before things go better..... Of course my hair dresser told me that this happens all the time and she even finished cutting my hair, so I gave her a really big tip!

Having lice totally blew my entire day.  I have been cleaning like a mad woman and my friend Nancy came over to help me with my hair because as hard as I try I can't see the back of my head well enough to comb through it looking for critters....

Now that I have gotten far enough through the "lice be gone" process to quit hyperventilating every time I think about it, I am grateful for good friends and I am grateful that I figured it out on a weekend when I was able to be home long enough to get the lion's share of the work done.

Future Posts:
Here are some things that I am looking forward to examining in future posts


  • Math and Music - I came up with some ideas I'd like to share
  • Mac and PC - how to save things in such a way that they can be shared cross platform
  • Music interdisciplinary word walls
  • digital portfolios
  • music classroom library organization
  • student use of FINALE notepad




As you see I've got lots and lots and lots of music ideas to share!  Keep visiting the blog! 




.


No comments:

Post a Comment