Tuesday, June 19, 2012

MelodySoup YUMMY! Award - May 2012 Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by Iza Trapani

I realized the other day that not only has it been quite some time since I last blogged, but that in the rush of ending the school year, I forgot to give a YUMMY! Award for the month of May.....so I'll give an award for May today and hopefully give one for June sometime next week.







Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by Iza Tripani



 


I LOVE this book!  It is simply mesmerizing.  I first came across this book when my co-teacher Meredith Leblanc got a copy from the scholastic book orders about 12 years ago.  Her copy came with a VERY sweet recording (on tape) that was just so very sweet.  The instrumentation was very well done with changing meter and it was sung in a great key.  If you are lucky enough to come across one of those old Scholastic tapes, then snag it quick!  I've tried to find one and to date have been unsuccessful..... However, I used it enough with students that even now when I read the book, I automatically change meters when the tape did.....

There are a couple of used copies of the scholastic book & tape but the starting price is $45.00...... see I told you it was good..... so like I said, if you find one, keep it and back it up digitally for that inevitable day when your tape bites the dust.....



A few years later I found another irreplaceable treasure! This is just so fun to use in my classes where their English is limited.  


No comments:

Post a Comment