I have a love-hate relationship with folders!
- I LOVE having a place for each student to collect a portfolio of things that we have covered throughout the year.
- I HATE having to take the time to put things into the folders. If I'm not careful that can eat up 1/3 of my class and ya'll, I don't have the time!
- I LOVE having papers organized so that I can find work when I'm ready to grade it.
- I HATE having to open every folder just for one little grade.
- I LOVE that I can usually manage to get enough for up to 3 grade levels and my choir just by creating one donorschoose.org project
- I HATE how expensive they are!
- I LOVE being able to organize them by color so that everyone in one class has the same color.
- I HATE that my students don't always stay in the class they started in and often move away.
But what I really want to know is how YOU use folders! IF you use and manage folders in your music classroom what are best tips?