Thursday, May 2, 2013

Best moment of the day.

Our choir concert on Tuesday was super sweet.  Our day yesterday at the choir festival was really special and today one of the 5th graders who played the djembe for one of our pieces got to audition for a highly coveted place in the 6th grade percussion class for band next year. 

After his audition he came back to class and said, "Ms. McSpadden!  Guess what?  I am going to be a percussionist."  The rest of the class was busy practicing recorder in small groups while I was busy testing..... No silly recorder playing for my young drummer.....no.....He managed to find an abandoned, misplaced and forgotten rhythm stick in some alternate universe within the music room and proceeded to  "play" everything he could get his rhythm stick to touch.  For once, I left him to it.......

and THAT my friends is how a percussionist is born! 

1 comment: