Sunday, May 3, 2015

2015-2016 Revised Music Teacher Planner - Chapter 3 - Roadmaps, Checklists, lesson plans and calendars



I use this section of my planner to plan my year. Without this section of the planner I would be          L O S T .  My favorite part is the "roadmapping pages".  I find that I refer to them throughout the year as I write lesson plans and make adjustments as needed.  In order to make the file a manageable size I only included "master" roadmapping pages and "master" lesson plans pages.  You will want to consult a calendar and figure out how many you need.  When I printed my personal planner I included two more than the calendar led me to believe I would need. 


DOWNLOAD CHAPTER 3 HERE
Use this template to decide when each standard will fit best within your grading timeframe


Use this template to build a "roadmap" for each grade level.  As each lesson is taught, check it off so that you can keep track of what specific groups are missing

Use this lesson plan template to add details to your lessons - Since my district uses an online system, I don't include this template in my personal planner anymore. 

Use this calendar to track when lessons are taught.



If you would like a blank calendar to use year after year, or a weekly calendar you can click HERE! 


Advise about printing:  


The PDF files that are linked here include pages as I have them set up for my own planner.  Your needs may be different than mine so feel free to print more or less of any given page. You will notice that each page is either left or right of center.  This is to allow for binding or hole punching. 
For best results try to arrange your planner so that when your book is open an even numbered page is on the left and an odd numbered page is on the right.  

Please remember that all parts of this planner are intended as a gift to busy music teachers who spend hours of their own time and regularly contribute their own money to the cause of making their music classrooms a haven of learning through music.  If you choose to use any part of this planner please do not sell it.  If you choose to share any part of this planner with others, please share the link to the blog rather than downloading and then mass producing planners for others.

If you find any part of the planner useful or if you have a request or suggestion please leave a comment below.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. Can you fix the Feb/March months to reflect 2016? Thanks in advance,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon! Thanks for letting me know about the error. I'm so sorry that I missed it! I was able to get to a computer today and fix the problem.. Please let me know if you spot any more errors...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this valuable resource, Bonnie. As a new teacher I'm still in the process of refining my planning tools to best fit my needs, and your templates are helping me to get there. Question re: Roadmap template - can you please send a bit more detail on how that works? Not clear on "rotation #" and the boxed charts with 1234 (refer to classes? weeks?) Many thanks!
    Sophia Grigoriadis

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://melodysoup.com/2015/07/481/

    ReplyDelete