Thursday, May 30, 2013

The blessings of conversation in the midst of transition

I am feeling blessed today.  I got to have WONDERFUL and meaningful conversation! 

Today I got to help my 5th graders celebration their promotion into 6th grade.  It was a lovely ceremony and one of the best since I've been at this school.  The day was a little bittersweet because I know that not only are these students completing their time in elementary school, but I also know that when they drop by for a visit in the years to come, I won't be there to greet and encourage them.  
There I was, right in the middle of the temptation to pout and feel sad that I am leaving when I had the chance to get excited about the future.  You see this afternoon I got to meet with the music teacher at my new school!  

When I first accepted the position as music teacher at my new school I was so excited to get to work with her, and then just like me, she has found herself in a season of unforseen change and has now decided to retire at the end of the year.

So now instead of just creating a "transition notebook" for the teacher who will take my place, I am also recieving a "transition kit" from the music teacher whose work I will inherit. 

 It was so wonderful to have a good chat with her.  I know that I will miss getting to work with her becuase the more we chat the more I see what great partners we could have been.....

What a wonderful job she did of answering my questions, providing critical information and being organized.  Now in the midst of all that is the last few days of school, I'm spending my "free" thinking time in what I would call "informed" dreaming.  Let the creativity of summer begin! 

I hope that when I get a chance to meet with the music teacher that will replace me that I am able to be as helpful as my new friend Libby was for me. 


I am blessed!  What an amazing experience this change has been so far! 




No comments:

Post a Comment